Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vacation

This summer we decided to take a vacation and go see my brother in California. We enjoyed a long drive to California, stopping along the way to see some great places.


Here is Katie and Elle (always dressing like twins) after church, we visited Saddleback church (Rick Warren, "Purpose Driven Life" author)



Jason, my brother, with Shelly and their youngest, Hannah.


The Refinery, the youth building at Saddleback Church. Really cool.



We drove Pacific Coast Highway our last night in CA, we stopped in Oceanside and let the kids play in the sand. Great memories.



Does it get any sweeter than this?



I need to get this one framed!



Las Vegas strip









Hoover Dam, Nevada


We took a tour of the generators which involved taking elevators to the bottom of the dam. I don't remember one word the tour guide said. My mind was saying "get me out of here before we all die."







Grand Canyon



Kade is one tired boy here at the Grand Canyon. Johnny was loving every minute of the Grand Canyon. He's planning to go back to camp and hike for a week. Me...not so much. We decided he could go back with his dad and brothers for a week and maybe the girls could stay in a cabin back in Flagstaff!






Katie wanted to pose herself here! Love it, girl!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a GREAT trip! Clay and I can't wait to take the kids to the Grand Canyon one day. And I love the beach photos. I had so much fun catching up with you last weekend - hope you guys have a great weekend.